How to Enter
- This Free Prize Draw is open to anyone aged 16 years and above who is resident in the United Kingdom.
- Just sign up to the Desmond Elliott Prize newsletter by 11:59pm BST on 3/12/2017 (the “Closing Date”)
- Twenty names will then be picked out at random, from those who have subscribed to the Desmond Elliott Prize newsletter.
- The winning entrants will be contacted by email and asked for their contact details, so that their prizes can be dispatched
- The prizes will be dispatched before the 25/12/2017
- Please ensure that you sign up to the Desmond Elliott Prize newsletter by 11:59pm BST on 3/12/2017 . As doing so outside this date and time will not make you eligible for entry into the Free Prize Draw.
- Each Entrant may subscribe only once to the Desmond Elliott Prize newsletter. Second or subsequent subscriptions will be disqualified.
- Any Entrant that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions will not be accepted by The Desmond Elliott Prize. There is no purchase necessary to enter this Free Prize Draw.
Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Free Prize Draw
There are twenty copies of Golden Hill by Francis Spufford, the 2017 winner of the Desmond Elliott Prize, to be won and plus one Fortnum & Mason food hamper. No purchase is necessary, as this is a Free Prize Draw. Terms and conditions do apply.
References to the “Entrant” are references to the author of the entry (the “Entry”) submitted to the competition detailed below.
References to “The Desmond Elliott Prize” are references to the annual literary prize which is awarded by and on behalf of the Desmond Elliott Charitable Trust (registered charity number 1115496) and which has its registered office at: Merlin Place, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0DP.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the “Free Prize Draw” (the “Free Prize Draw”). By entering this Free Prize Draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of the Terms and Conditions of this Free Prize Draw.
Conditions of Entry
You warrant to the The Desmond Elliott Prize that you are aged 16 years or above and that your Entry is original to you; does not infringe copyright or any other intellectual property right of any other person or third party; does not defame or violate the privacy rights of any third party; does not infringe any other legal rights, regulations or laws.
Prizes and Judging
After the Closing Date, twenty (20) winners will be selected at random from all the valid entries. The winners will be notified by email by The Desmond Elliott Prize on or after 04/12/2017.
The The Desmond Elliott Prize’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this Free Prize Draw. The Desmond Elliott Prize reserves the right to alter or cancel the Prize without notice. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternatives to the Prize will be provided.
The The Desmond Elliott Prize is not responsible for contacting or forwarding Prizes to Entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
To obtain the name and county of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of ‘Desmond Elliott Prize, December, Free Prize Draw’ in the subject heading and the dates of the Free Prize Draw Period.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, The Desmond Elliott Prize reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prize of equivalent or greater value to the Prize and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. All prizes are subject to availability.
Entries submitted via the email will be securely stored on the server of YorkUKHosting. They will only be accessible to the The Desmond Elliott Prize and the records will be destroyed within a reasonable time of the end of the Free Prize Draw.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.